Editor Instructions – DELETE BEFORE PUBLISHING
In order to allow social media tools to function correctly, you must update this template in the following order.
On the New Page:
Make sure you change page setting items 1 – 5 before publishing your page.
1. Change PAGE ATTRIBUTES
- In the PAGE ATTRIBUTE box in the right-hand column change:
- PARENT to the appropriate group label
- TEMPLATE to FULL WIDTH”
2. Set Social Media Features (Part 1):
- Section: Excerpt – Find the “EXCERPT” window by scrolling down the page. Type in the text you want to appear in the social media feed. (You will not be able to change this once the page has been updated).
3. Add This Tools
- Section: Share Buttons by AddThis – select the OFF radio button.
4. Page background
- Section: Qode General – Change the PAGE BACKGROUND COLOR to White.
5. Change Title Settings
- In the Qode Title Box toward the bottom of the page change:
- (1) in the dropdown for DON’T SHOW TITLE AREA” select YES.
- (2) Under “SPACING AFTER TITLE” change the Margin After Title setting to 62
6. Set Social Media Features (Part 2):
- Section: FACEBOOK OPEN GRAPH, GOOGLE+ AND TWITTER CARD TAGS – Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Next to the filed box “USE THIS IMAGE” click on the “UPLOAD/CHOOSE” button.
- Select the image you want to use from the media library or upload a new one with the recommended size 1200 x 630 pixels.
- Click the “PREVIEW” button in the upper right corner to preview the page social media settings.
- When the new page opens click on the Facebook icon.
- If your feature picture and excerpt show correctly click the “PUBLISH” button in the upper right corner to publish the page.
7. Adding New Page Content:
- Now insert your page title in the first field box.
- Click the box in the upper left corner that says “VISUAL COMPOSER” this will switch your programming screen back to the drag & drop page builder.
- Add your new text content in the existing “NEW ARTICLE CONTENT” section
- Delete the instruction box from the new page.
- “Click the blue “UPDATE” box in the upper right corner to publish your final version of the page.
8. Delete this row of instructions